Support Alley Cats

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

At rest@work


At rest@work
Originally uploaded by Hotash
acorns and tobacco leaf scented candle make me happy at work

the acorns are selected from some that i have collected for our squirrely nutkins in case they run out and ask for more :)

the large round one is from an oak (black oak?) at my mom and dad's place and the two pointy ones are from our house (coast live oak?)

More on Oaks

i love this candle. i was introduced to this scent via a great friend who i miss dearly.

i sit with this almost everyday and it makes me happy while i remember happier things :-)

today i learned, during my acorn research, that acorns are rather interesting. they take anywhere from 6 months to 24 months to 'make' and the oaks need to be at least 20 years old before they begin producing acorns!

i plan on planting some of this babies around our place to replace the many trees that we lost in the the 2005 flood

Russian River - Not even at it's highest!

No comments:

Bonanzle!!! with me & my daddy

"James" by Ysabella Brave