Support Alley Cats

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thank you mommy


Thank you mommy
Originally uploaded by Hotash

My mom gets off of work in the early am, after the stores open up...I'm (hopefully) sleeping and 20 minutes from town, so----

A quick call to mommy late last night - "Mom, some jerk dumped 4 kittens in a garbage can, they are about a day old....can you do me a solid and pick up some things for me in the morning and bring them by the house?"

Mom - "sure, what?"

me - KMR, new bottles (the Nutkins bottle nipples are too big an opening) and a heating pad."

mom- "ok, I'll see you when I get off of work - I hope they do ok..."

I get off of work at 2am, head home, feed the four some kitty milk, Pedialyte and a bit of karo syrup, mixed with colostrum- all eat well and pee (with stimulation) and then curl up in the nest I made in a re-usable grocery bag, two hot water bottles and my jacket.

Their squeaking draws everyone into the kitchen- Marlee is sniffing and sniffing-Rain just wonders if there will be food involved and Cali is guarding Big Kitty.

I have not introduced the kittens to the cats- I want to keep them separate for awhile to help insure their health, as well as our kitties.

They wake me up around 8am (again) and they nurse the bottle well, two took some encouragement but soon, the ears were twitching and some serious nursing was going on- all peed again and back to bed we went-with a nice new heating pad and warm water bottle.

This afternoon, I wake up with screaming kittens, poop everywhere and sunshine.
Each kitten gets a thorough scrubbing and a full belly - Asante didn't eat as well, and had hiccups....he did pee and poo though, so maybe he just has an upset tummy.
All are sleeping in the basket that Bramble no longer needs- tonight will be a long night...work begins at 4pm

So far they are eating, pooping machines- If things keep going this way we may be ok. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and...thanking someone that it's my Friday- then 3 days off- because I'm getting no sleep!!!

No comments:

Bonanzle!!! with me & my daddy

"James" by Ysabella Brave